Wow, where did the year go? Heck, where did December go? Time flies when you're having turkey...

2009 was an interesting year for me. Interesting in how easily distracted I was. Perhaps I lived as a magpie in a past life, or a burnt-out air-traffic controller. (And I say that with the utmost respect, as I shudder to think of the focus necessary to do that job, let alone for longer than two minutes.)

So here I am, with my list of 2009 goals at the ready.

1. Stay active
STATUS: A mere pass (5.5/10)
This was a challenge for me. In an effort to make it easier for me to get in some cardio when most of my day is taken over by sitting in a chair, I now have a treadmill -- and am using it an average of three times a week. So that's progress, I think.

2. Finish two more books
STATUS: One down, one to go (6/10)
Book one is so done I can barely remember it, and the revisions to book two are taking longer than anticipated. Now that could be because I basically ignored it during October and November. Le sigh.

3. Land a literary agent
STATUS: Feeling closer than ever before (8/10)
Do I need to say any more? Didn't think so.

4. Do it already
STATUS: Done! (10/10)
Have done a whole bunch of things (the game show, flying to Chicago for the day to see the Harry Potter exhibit, joining Facebook) that I would have probably talked myself out of last year. Well, maybe not the game show. ;)

5. Give back
STATUS: In progress (see Goal #6) (7/10)

6. Declutter
STATUS: Oh man! (in tandem with Goal #5) (5/10)
Unfortunately, the holidays meant more stuff has entered our home, so any progress made has been lost in the shuffle of all this new stuff. Ack!

7. Quality time
STATUS: Still working on it (6/10)
This one is hard to measure, but I am making more of an effort to take time for me, even if that means missing out on a project because the deadline is ridiculous.

8. Time off
STATUS: Done! (10/10)
The recession has made it easier for me to take the time off that I need. ;)

9. Let go
STATUS: In progress (6/10)
Yeah, I still have some baggage, clutter and other stuff that keeps on sticking to me like a piece of toilet paper.

10. Laugh more
STATUS: On it! (8/10)
While I must admit that I spent most of the fall in what I call "the darkness," due to what the characters in my WIP were going through, 2009 was a year full of good cheer, good friends and even better times. Is it because we're all learning to appreciate what we have? Live well with less? Heck, I don't know, but I sure do appreciate the positivity.

Final score: 71.5%

Of course, this tally clearly demonstrates that I need to be easier on myself. LOL Oh well, maybe next year...

How did you do on your goals for 2009? Will you be carrying any over into 2010?

Labels: , ,