I know, I know. Everybody is doing it and it's verra, verra cool. But there's still this part of me that clings to my cassette tapes and turntable whenever something new steps into my path.

Oh, but give me a product for free, a coupon or a contest entry -- and I'm all over it like glitter on Edward. Le sigh.

My main fear is Twitter addiction, but there's something else that kind of makes me get all nervy: putting my thoughts down in 140 characters or less.

I mean, I find it hard enough trying to sit down and write a novel instead of a 30-second radio spot, so how is Twitter going to help me?

Well, I'd spend less time getting my thoughts out to the universe, I guess. Hmm, that might have something to do with the overall appeal. And the fact that there are some pretty nifty Twitterers (is that the term?) to follow. Like the exercise guru who puts out different exercises that you can do anywhere, anytime.

Plus, there are some Twittering contests out there...

But first, I might want to catch up on all the other stuff piling up around me... including the WIP. ;)

You know I have to ask: Twitter -- friend or foe?

Labels: ,