I must preface this post by stating that I am a happily married woman. And I am still happily married to my first-and-only husband.

Now let's get to the good stuff.

It all started with my girlfriend Geri's win-win situation. Like me, she enters a lot of contests. Unlike me, she wins a bunch of them. ;) So when she won four tickets to radio station Q107's Million Days of Summer Party, she generously invited me and two other contesting colleagues.

We were uber-excited because they would be giving away FIVE trips to the Dominican Republic during the event, which also featured bands covering Beach Boys, Bob Marley and hard-core summer tuneage.

Then, to make it even more of a fun night, Geri also had a gift certificate for dinner for four at a nice restaurant. Nice, meaning wear something better than sweats. Nice, meaning make a reservation. Oh yeah, she won that gift certificate, too. Le sigh.

So we all met at the chic restaurant and couldn't get over how skinny and barely clothed some of the waitresses were.

"I don't think I'm gonna be able to eat with all that skin showing," Geri said.

And I couldn't blame her. Even though the interior of the place was dark, all the fake-and-bake tanned arms, legs, chests and backs were a little unnerving.

Then Edward appeared to take our order. Okay, his name wasn't Edward, it was Will. And he bore a striking resemblance to Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward Cullen in Twilight.



As soon as he left the table, Geri said, "Gee, I thought with the movie he wouldn't need to keep on waiting tables."

We enjoyed a lovely meal, giggling like schoolgirls whenever he made a comment or refilled our water glasses. Yeah, it was like being 16 all over again. Too bad I was old enough to be his mother and outweighed him by 40 pounds. On a good day. ;)

After we ordered desserts and coffee, Edward, er, Will, announced that we still had oodles of room left on our gift certificate.

"You can order whatever you like," he said with a flirtatious smile.

"Like tequila shots?" I asked.

"Oh my God, I can't believe you said that. It was just what I was about to say. No one ever says that, we must be soul mates. Will you marry me?"

I kid you not, that's how it went down. Our waiter, Will, suddenly became Will You Marry Me, looking all pale and glowing in the dim interior of the restaurant.

I might have said yes. And then asked if we could take his picture.

"Because you always take photos of the guys who propose to you, right?" he replied. "You must have tons of them."

At that point, I suspected he might have taken it a bit too far to increase his tip. After a few more jokes and laughs, he ran away. You could hear the wheels burn against the pavement as he peeled away.

Too bad. It would have been nice to have a picture for my album.

The radio station party was a total blast, but no one there proposed. LOL

Labels: ,