Okay, if you've been reading my blog long enough, you know that I'll do just about anything to get something for free.

Well, the folks at Matchstick thought I was enough of a fashionista to be part of a group to try the new Lancome Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. You know, the mascara that adds extended tubes to the end of your lashes so they look really, really long?

You know I had to try it, since I am one of the many people born every day with barely there lashes. Please note Exhibit A to see what I mean:


Seriously, my nickname in high school should have been No Lash Girl. Even Korby Banner, the makeup artist on Style By Jury, told me to not even bother curling my lashes.

"Sweetie, with lashes like that, all you can really do is pray," he said as he tweezed my brows during a makeup session.

So I just had to try Lancome's Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. Of course, I was afraid it might work too well and prevent me from wearing my glasses because my lashes would be too darn long. Hey, it's good to fear success sometimes people. ;)

Of course, this is where I should have totally glammed myself up for the after shot, but I wanted you to SEE my lashes. Yes, it is possible. If you don't have long lashes, you can simply put them on:


Not only can I have the long lashes I've always wanted, the mascara stays in place and doesn't land in your lap while laughing too hard (which could happen with an inferior-quality product that shall remain nameless).

But what does all this have to do with you? Well, how about a coupon to save $5 off your very own tube?


Forgive me for getting all tubular, but this was a really fun product to try -- and have in my beauty arsenal for occasions that call for luscious lashes!

Labels: ,