Since everyone seems to be focused on how lousy the economy is and how holiday shopping might be more difficult than usual this year, I thought I'd go against the grain and put up my Totally Unrealistic Wish List.

While I realize that everything on this list is pie-in-the-sky, there is a little part of me that believes, just this once, that this blog post may tap into the Law of Attraction and bring one of these items to my door.

Hey, you never know. And I'll be sure to post about it when it happens. ;)

A cameo appearance on Heroes
And I'd have to have a really cool superpower, like being able to mash and peel potatoes simultaneously or hear conversations happening halfway around the world. Oh, and all of my scenes would be with Peter...



A lively luncheon with Judy Blume
This is when we'd gather like old friends, discussing the publishing industry and her feelings on writing for today's young adult audience. Oh, and this is when she'd offer, without any prodding from me, to read one or two of my manuscripts and critique them. And then, because she loves them so much, pass them on to her agent and editor. Of course, this lunch would take place over a two-month period, but I don't mind, really!

Get on What Not to Wear
Sure, I've already been on one makeover show (Style by Jury), but that was ages ago and in Canada, so it really doesn't compare to the whole "in New York with Stacey and Clinton" experience. And it's been two months since I've been to Macy's...

Win the lottery
It doesn't have to be one of those huge ones, just a million or so to get the turret and moat built around the house and help out some friends and family. Oh, and buy some really expensive macaroni and cheese, just because we can.

Collaborate with Weird Al
OMG, could you imagine? It would be so cool to work with The Weird One on a fantabulous song parody. Wow, which song would I choose? Would he already know which one would be perfect for my tone-deaf style? Maybe I could even appear in the video! Squee!


And I think I'll leave it at that. The funny thing is, there were a lot of items that I was going to include, but then I realized that they weren't unrealistic at all: I just have to work at 'em. Le sigh.


So do you have any unrealistic items on your wish list? Please share!

Labels: , ,