Wow, that seems like a big number. It's kind of hard to believe that I've come up with 550 things to blog about. Or maybe I should say "complain" about? LOL

Seriously though, when I think of where I was at when I first started this blog (about to end a dissatisfying ongoing contract, starting my second full manuscript and a nervous wreck) and compare it where I am now (two novels under my belt, a thriving freelance career and surviving being on a Canadian television series), I'm amazed at how much things haven't changed.

I still work too hard, worry too much and, when I'm stressed, eat the wrong things. On the other hand, I'm still the luckiest girl alive with a DH who does laundry, dishes and the dusting -- and who doesn't follow organized sports. He does, however, have a fondness for British cars, historic aircraft and progressive rock that can get a tad excessive.

But he turns the other cheek when I watch America's Next Top Model and Project Runway, so I'm verra, verra happy.

And I know that I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to to-do lists and goals and taking over the world. In fact, the first thing I wanted to do for this post was a check-in on my goals for 2008, but I resisted. For sanity's sake, I'm going to leave that until November 1 -- and then dive into Nanowrimo.

I know, I'm nuts. I just feel that it's the only way I'm going to get the next book out of my head and onto paper. For months I've been thinking about it and jotting little notes down here and there, but it hasn't come together yet. For the first time scenes aren't flowing, and that kind of scares me.

Of course, this could be the idea's way of telling me that it should be a short story and not a full-length novel, but I'm not a good listener. Just ask the DH. ;)

So for now, I'm gonna continue with my own personal version of Clean Sweep and prepare myself for a great Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.

Labels: , , ,