The lovely and talented Maureen McGowan tagged me for this fun exercise. Be sure to drop by her blog for great film reviews and notes on writing. Okay, here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.

The book closest to me at the moment is a rhyming dictionary, so I'm going with the second book that's closest to me: Lady & the Vamp by Michelle Rowen.

Here are the three sentences:

If she really had been there, she was gone now.

Holding his hand against his wounded stomach and trying to ignore the pain, he began to make his way through the crowded club, being jostled on every side. As he passed the long bar, the blondes eyed him again like hot-bodied vultures.

My poor Quinn! Will he survive? Will his stomach be scarred for life?

Oh, sorry about that, just got caught up in the moment there. I know I'm supposed to tag five people, but I'm gonna be a party pooper and leave it up to whoever wants to do it. There's enough pressure out there with it being Memorial Day weekend and all. ;)

And I am so glad the little snippet of page 123 didn't contain anything that would make me blush...or start speaking in euphemisms in case the relatives drop by again. Whew!

Labels: