It's funny. Back at the turn of the year, I vowed that I wouldn't freak out when I saw that my schedule for the following month was rather empty. This year, I decided my energy was best spent at the gym. And watching reality TV when I'm not at the gym. ;)

Fast-forward almost three months, and something really odd has happened. When empty spots appear on the calendar, I shrug my shoulders and continue with whatever I'm working on. No more panic attacks or frantic emails in search of the next gig or magazine article.

I simply acknowledge the open-schedule spaces and think maybe I can finally find that shampoo sample I got in the mail a few week's back...or finally get those Christmas cards out. ;) Then I get an email or a phone call and there's a cool project that needs to be done, at roughly the same time as the empty calendar spot.

And I've only watched the first 20 minutes of The Secret. Three times. ;)

But isn't that freaky? I'm also slowly mastering the art of saying no to the projects that just make me go ugh. It's amazing how much more productive, profitable and just darn happy I am working on stuff that I either truly enjoy or can pretend to enjoy for brief periods of time. ;)

And yes, I still seem to have too many plates spinning in the air, but that doesn't seem to be my problem anymore. The dilemma is the lack of placemats! There are piles of stuff all over my virtual and physical office -- and if I don't take a day or two to organize all this stuff, I may get trapped under it!

Of course, if that's my only problem I should be thanking my lucky stars. Which I do. Sometimes.

There are a lot of things going on that I can't say anything about yet. Oh, don't you hate it when people do that? Well, too bad. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Labels: ,