Yesterday I didn't do a spec of writing. Or writing on spec.

It felt quite strange and, by about 6:00 p.m., I was twitching--but I held my ground. Why? I was feeling spent. While the ideas were there, my mind's ability to turn those ideas into something understandable was in definite decline.

So I took a day. Went out to lunch with a group of friends. Did some filing. Found some souvenirs I bought on a trip over a year ago. ;) I even took a look at my TBR pile, but ended up reading through a pile of magazines instead. Now I can see the coffee table!

And today, the words came out easier than before. Sure, there are some parts of my efforts that make me shake my fist at the sky, but overall I don't feel like I'm banging my head against the wall. And that's fabulous!

I think I'll continue marking one day a week as a No Writing day. Not only did it help me locate long-lost furniture that was buried under clutter, it also provided me with a freedom to bounce ideas around and not worry if they could be used in a current project or not. Oh, and also having the time to hang out with the DH and Kitten of Mass Destruction is groovy too.

Who knows? Maybe on my next No Writing day I might just get the rest of the piles off the home-office floor.

Hey, it's good to have dreams.

Labels: , ,