This could just be the leftover turkey talking, but I'm feeling a sense of meh with a lot of things. The last Harry Potter. Last night's episode of The Biggest Loser. Even all the coverage on the big honkin' election we're having in Ontario today.

Meh. Meh. Meh.

Then again, there is another kind of struggle, namely the current WIP. I did one of those things that all kinds of writing guides tell you not to do: go for an idea that you think will sell instead of the one you want to write. There I was, thinking that for me, it would be different. It's not.

I can feel the difference as soon as I sit down for my scheduled hour to rock the Word doc. Instead of filling the page with words that may or may not survive my first round of edits, I'm staring at the words already there, feeling an odd sinking sensation that this isn't the story I intended to tell.

And that totally sucks.

My goal to have another novel completed (at least a first draft) by December 31 still looms large on the horizon -- all I have to do now is figure out which idea is the one I want to have at my side for the next 2-1/2 months.

2-1/2 months? Damn...

Labels: , ,