I just spent the last three days at Canada's first-ever Contestor Convention. It sounds like a legal thing, I know, but this wasn't for people contesting against something, it was for people who LOVE entering contests!

Oh. My. Gawd. For 72 hours I was just like everyone else. We all entered some form of contest at every opportunity whether clicking online, filling out a form, dropping a ballot into a ballot box or calling in to win on a radio station. It was heavenly.

And of course, there were prize draws! Yahoo! Luckily I left some room in my suitcase so that I could jam all of my prizes into it! Now I didn't take home any of the HUGE prizes (a laptop, a trip and a big pile of cash), but I did get to squeal with glee to collect a cooler bag, book, t-shirt and a gift certificate for a Toronto restaurant, to name a few. All in all I got to run up to the stage SEVEN times! I even made some speeches thanking my family, God, David Beckham and the contest club I belong to.

And yes, a song parody or two might have been involved:

Like a contest
Won for the very first time
Like a co-o-o-on-test
With your ballot close to mine

AND

People
People who love contests
Are the luckiest people in the world

It was so much fun! Can't wait until next year!

Labels: , ,