It's been a frightfully productive weekend and there are two reasons why:

1. The phone lines on the street were damaged, making it impossible to phone or get online until this evening.

2. The DH was working crazy-weird shifts, so I could hog the computer and stay focused on the edits.

And while I love Holly Lisle's concept of the One Pass Manuscript Revision, I know I'm going to have to do a final, final proof once it's all together. Mainly to catch missing quotation marks and wonky dashes. Oh, and the whole time/space continuum thing.

The Penguins of Panic camped out on my broken front step, but I wouldn't let them in the door. Even when they had candy.

BROKEN BOTTOM STEP UPDATE
My father denies any involvement with said broken step and even came over on Friday to assist the DH in a makeshift repair to prevent small costumed children from falling to their deaths...or just scraped kneecaps.

My parents visited to provide some slave labour ( Mom brought her sewing machine and hemmed every piece of clothing I own) and also enjoy a delightful evening of spooky storytelling at Montgomery's Inn, a historic site in our neighbourhood.

We even had the opportunity to try and solve the chilling tale of a maid's murder at the Inn, which included a walk-through where the ghosts of the 18th-century story came back to life, showing us what really happened.

It was pretty neat, and they even served pie and cider at the break. ;)

Speaking of scary rituals, here's a shout-out to Katy, who finally got married this weekend and is off to Rome for a lovely honeymoon.