It's better to be committed to your writing than being married to your words. It's hard watching your words get revised, deleted or totally ignored by editors, writing partners or even family members, but it happens. So deal with it.

There used to be a time when I would fight someone over a revision to an ad headline, an article closing or basically anything they wanted to change. I mean, why change perfection? Then I'd sit by the phone and wonder why people weren't calling me back.

If you can let it go, then you have more energy to spend on the next awesome story or article. It's true. Bog yourself down with a battle, and you'll need a day or two to recover.

Of course, there are some battles that you must fight. You'll know what I mean when you get there. In the meantime, try your best to hear what the critiquer is saying. They might even be right.

Okay, enough advice. It's time for a fun quiz!

Things You May Not Have Known About Me

1. Four jobs I have had in my life
Newspaper carrier
Waitress at Red Lobster
VIP table attendant for Canadian Idol (seasons 1 & 2)
Concession stand worker at a movie theatre

2. Four movies I would watch over and over
The Shawshank Redemption
While You Were Sleeping
Dead Poet's Society
Bring It On

3. Four places I have lived
Etobicoke, Ontario
London, Ontario
Calgary, Alberta
Scarborough, Ontario

4. Four TV shows I love to watch
Treasure Hunters
So You Think You Can Dance
Anything CSI
24

5. Four places I have been on vacation
Bermuda
Maui
Orlando
London...England and Ontario

6. Four websites I visit daily (or often)
Michelle Rowen
Craig's List Toronto
The Onion
Writer's Digest

7. Four places I'd rather be right now
Bermuda
A theme park
A bookstore
My own book launch party

Okay, back to the WIP...