There's a song by Motorhead that sometimes gets into my own head without an invitation: The Ace of Spades. I really don't know why, since I'm definitely not a fan of metal. It could be that viewing the video while in a drunken stupor in my youth has resulted in some form of psychosis. Or it's just a catchy tune.

But why the ace of spades? Why not some other card in the deck? I really feel sorry for the two of clubs. Go to a tattoo parlour and you'll never see someone trying to decide between a ritual circle...or the two of clubs. Now there's a card that got a bum deal. Oh, that one hurt. Apologies.

So I tried to imagine how Motorhead's song would be if it were about this long-forgotten card. Feel free to sing along if you know the tune.

Original lyrics:
If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me
The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
The Ace Of Spades

New version:
If you like to gamble, I think that's a bad plan
You win none, lose tons, it's all real lame to me
They measure cards you play, it makes no difference what you say
I don't share your need, the only card you'll see is
The Two of Clubs

Now there's a hit if I ever saw one. Bring on the air guitars!

WIP is closing in on 25K (I'll update the counter once I pass it, I promise) and only have two articles to complete before the vacay. Sweet!

Labels: