After watching Duran Duran: Live in London, I became quite melancholy when it suddenly dawned on me that more than a couple years had passed since I purchased a 45 single of Planet Earth. CDs weren't even on our audio-purchasing wavelength yet.

That's when life was full of possibilities, opportunities, angst, acne, horrific hairstyles and other things I gloss over with Ray-ban sunglasses. Here are a few of my favourite things from the 80's:

Fave movie: Breakfast Club
Runners up: Fame, Desperately Seeking Susan
Fave band: The Police
Runners up: Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, INXS, Simple Minds, The Smiths
Fave word/expression: Like (as a verb, adjective or noun. like y'know?)
Runners up: As if, awesome
Inspiration: Madonna
Runners up: Jo on the Facts of Life, anyone on Fantasy Island
Dream career: Advertising copywriter
Runners up: Game show host, movie star, Stephen King

Like, being Stephen King would be totally awesome, y'know? At least now I know that dying my hair black is a really bad idea, even if Nice 'n Easy is on sale.

At least I'll be able to scream my lungs out like a teenager at INXS tomorrow night. Sweet.